Take your research and career to the next level with a PhD. ESMT Berlin's structured PhD studies provide an intellectually stimulating and academically rigorous environment for you to make the most of your research. With our vibrant international community and focus on real-world impact, it's the ideal environment to progress your career.
- Rigorous training in state-of-the-art methodology in preparation for your independent research.
- Access to ESMT’s world-class faculty and the Berlin science community.
- Close collaboration and supervision by ESMT professors.
- Successful applicants must have obtained a Master’s in Economics or Business Studies and have performed exceptionally well in their studies.
- Applicants from related fields (such as industrial engineering, statistics, or quantitative social sciences) may also fulfill the admission requirements if they have an interest in economics or business studies.
- ESMT’s PhD program addresses outstanding candidates with a strong desire to conduct their own research projects. Participation is free of charge.
- PhD positions will be offered alongside part-time Research Assistant employment. View current vacancies.
- ESMT offers support to cover the costs related to research, including conferences and overseas visits.
- Awarded degree: PhD or Dr. rer. oec.