Faculty & research positions
Professor in Finance and Labor
As a joint appointment, the Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH) – Member of the Leibniz Association and the European School of Management and Technology (ESMT Berlin) seek to fill the position of a Professor in Finance and Labor in conjunction with a position as Senior Research Advisor at the Department Laws, Regulations and Factor Markets (LRF) at the IWH, starting at the earliest possible date.
The IWH is one of the seven economic research institutes of the Leibniz Association. The Institute’s research focuses on the analysis of long-term growth processes with special emphasis on the efficient allocation of labor and capital. ESMT Berlin is one of the top ranked private business schools in Europe and located in Berlin.
The successful candidate will represent the LRF department’s research and policy advice to the scientific community, decision makers in economic policy, and the public. There is a teaching load of 50 points per year at ESMT Berlin associated with the position.
- fulfills the formal requirements according to § 35 of the University Law of Saxony-Anhalt (Landeshochschulgesetz Sachsen-Anhalt) and § 100 (1) of the Law on Higher Education Institutions in the State of Berlin (Berliner Hochschulgesetz – BerlHG),
- possesses an understanding of capital and labor markets with a particular research focus on the industrial organization of institutional capital providers and their impact on product market and labor market outcomes and innovation incentives,
- has a distinguished, internationally outstanding publication record in Financial Economics, Corporate Governance, and Labor and Finance,
- has an interest in advising and mentoring PhD students and junior faculty at the LRF department,
- is excited about communicating research results to policy makers, the press and the general public,
- has been successful in raising third-party funding,
- has an established record and commitment to excellence in teaching, and experience teaching at the interface between Finance, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
The two appointment committees of the IWH and ESMT will make their decision in consensus. Professor Reint E. Gropp, PhD, President of the IWH (Tel: +49 345 7753 700), and Professor Per Olsson, PhD, Dean of Faculty and Research at ESMT (Tel. +49 30 212 31 1298), are available for further information.
We welcome your application, regardless of gender, cultural and social background, age or sexual orientation. Applications from disabled persons will be given priority in the case of equal suitability, ability and professional expertise. ESMT and the IWH aim to increase the proportion of women in scientific positions and specifically encourage women to apply. Knowledge of German is not a prerequisite for the position, but the willingness to learn German is desirable.
We are looking forward to your application (preferably via email), including CV, list of publications, documen-tation of previous teaching experience including evaluation reports, lists of conference talks as well as success-fully acquired third-party funds, submitted by June 6, 2023, to LRFfirstname.lastname@example.org, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH), Executive Board, Kleine Märkerstraße 8, 06108 Halle (Saale), Germany.