ESMT Open Lectures
The ESMT Open Lectures showcase speakers, who through their achievements and expertise are recognized leaders in their fields. The lectures cover a wide spectrum of fields ranging from business, economics, politics, and philosophy to the arts. Our esteemed speakers not only provide detailed knowledge on their specialized topics, but also provocative insights that have broad relevance and wide-range application. The lectures provide a forum in which their ideas can be communicated to and debated with a wider audience.
Format: 45-minute lecture (open to public) followed by a compelling Q&A session with the moderator and open discussion with the audience.
Renowned speakers from previous open lectures include:
- Christine Lagarde, Managing director, International Monetary Fund
- Mikhail Khodorkovsky, founder of the Open Russia movement, former head of Yukos
- Oliver E. Williamson professor at the University of California, Berkeley, and recipient of the 2009 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Science.
- Niall Ferguson, Laurence A. Tisch Professor of History, Harvard University, and Trustee, American Academy in Berlin
- Hal Varian, Chief Economist, Google
Recent ESMT Open Lectures:
- May 13, 2019: ESMT Open Lecture with Michael Wolfssohn
- June 19, 2019: ESMT Open Lecture with George Yip
- August 12, 2019: ESMT Open Lecture with Ines Eben von Racknitz
- September 9, 2019, ESMT Open Lecture with Simone Menne
- September 12, 2019, ESMT Open Lecture with Lord Chris Patten
- September 25, 2019, ESMT Open Lecture with Gianluca Carnabuci
- November 5, 2019, ESMT Open Lecture with Jörg Rocholl
- November 19, 2019, ESMT Open Lecture with Laura Tyson
- December 4, 2019, ESMT Open Lecture with Michael Zahn
- January 23, 2020, ESMT Open Lecture with Andrew Ang
Upcoming ESMT Open Lectures
Wednesday, March 11, 2020
Registration starts at 5:30 p.m.
"The good fight – winning gender equity at work"
Speaker: Susan Hodgkinson