Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI)
In 2019, ESMT signed the “Charta der Vielfalt” (Diversity Charter), joining Germany’s largest network of companies and organizations committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and learn.
Our faculty, staff, and students are thus committed to:
- Nurturing a diverse, inclusive, and equitable community that enables personal transformation through learning and development;
- Creating a culture that welcomes a wide variety of perspectives and promotes thoughtful and respectful engagement;
- Valuing the unique perspectives of all in our diverse community; and
- Addressing systemic barriers to fulfilling our commitment.
The pledge was approved by ESMT on February 8, 2022. ESMT Berlin commits to:
- Non-academic events offered by the school will not feature an all-male panel.
- Speakers from ESMT, who are requested to participate in external non-academic events, will ask the organizer about the gender balance of the program.
We believe that only by actively encouraging female voices will we achieve change.
Code of conduct
ESMT seeks to contribute to a sustainable and diverse society that is free of discrimination and violence. Every interaction should ensure that the behaviors of students, employees, and all members of the ESMT community are:
- free of discrimination (e.g. gender identity, age, ethnicity, origin, religion, disability, etc.), and
- free of harassment (e.g. sexual, stalking and bullying/mobbing, etc.).