ESMT Open Lectures
The ESMT Open Lectures showcase speakers, who through their achievements and expertise are recognized leaders in their fields. The lectures cover a wide spectrum of fields ranging from business, economics, politics, and philosophy to the arts. Our esteemed speakers not only provide detailed knowledge on their specialized topics, but also provocative insights that have broad relevance and wide-range application. The lectures provide a forum in which their ideas can be communicated to and debated with a wider audience.
Format: 45-minute lecture (open to public) followed by a compelling Q&A session with the moderator and open discussion with the audience.
Renowned speakers from previous open lectures include:
- Christine Lagarde, Managing director, International Monetary Fund
- Mikhail Khodorkovsky, founder of the Open Russia movement, former head of Yukos
- Oliver E. Williamson professor at the University of California, Berkeley, and recipient of the 2009 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Science.
- Niall Ferguson, Laurence A. Tisch Professor of History, Harvard University, and Trustee, American Academy in Berlin
- Hal Varian, Chief Economist, Google
Upcoming ESMT Open Lecture
Monday, May 13, 2019, at 12:30 p.m.
“New instruments of political and economic risk analysis: x-raying states and populations”
Speaker: Dr. Michael Wolffsohn, Professor of Modern History, political scientist, writer, and commentator
Moderator: Jörg Rocholl, President, ESMT Berlin
Registration opens at 12:00 p.m.
Wednesday, June 19, 2019, at 6:00 p.m.
“Lessons from China's innovators”
Speaker: Prof. George Yip, Emeritus Professor of Marketing and Strategy, Imperial College Business School, London
Registration opens at 5:30 p.m.