Clubs and organizations
Networking doesn’t stop when you leave the classroom
ESMT’s student clubs are student initiatives that begin with a desire to get directly involved, where theory meets practice. Each club at ESMT was formed by students’ proposals and a desire to create something new and productive for future ESMT students. Students from all degree programs are welcome to join and take part in initiatives.
Read further about the missions and goals of the various student organizations at ESMT.
ESMT student clubs
We are the ACI Consulting Club of ESMT Berlin, led and organized entirely by a group of consultancy-driven Master and MBA students.
Preparing fellow ESMT students for a high-impact career in the consulting industry.
The ESMT Consulting Clubs provides two key services to club members:
- Consulting projects
ACI Consulting Club members have exclusive access to consulting projects and apply theoretical knowledge in consultancy projects while providing solutions for real-life problems within companies.
- Networking and industry preparation
We provide monthly networking activities (e.g. interview preparation for consulting companies, case studies workshops, etc.) which will enable you to enlarge and develop your consulting mindset.
The Entrepreneurship Club (EPS) creates opportunities for ESMT students and alumni to exchange ideas, support and experience around all subjects related to the entrepreneurial environment. Its primary purpose is to provide members direct insight into all phases of the lifecycle of a company, from the business idea to market penetration and establishment, all the way to the IPO, acquisition or insolvency. The club organize visits to Berlin startups and VCs, invite guest speakers with entrepreneurial thinkers and build bridges between ESMT and other universities in entrepreneurial aspects by welcoming foreign university EPCs' visit to Berlin. Past events have included Delivery Hero, Babbel, Zeotap, Early Bird, Instiglio, et cetera.. Furthermore, in 2018, the Club organized the first ever ESMT Hackathon. Many students and programmers joined the event, which strengthened ESMT´s presence among the local and European startup scene.
- Network – grow the network within the entrepreneurial community. This network is available for members to connect and covers relevant contacts for different phases of a company’s lifecycle
- Mentorship – All members of the Club act as mentors by openly sharing experiences and their network and offering help in business decisions
- External events – Organize and initiate events at companies and startups for interested members
- Internal Events – Communicate all internal events related to core interests of the Club organized through ESMT or the student body
- Inspiration – Share relevant information and interesting articles on entrepreneurial topics
Some past projects
- Developing an international rollout plan for a new product developed by a Berlin-based smartphone app technology provider
- Conducting market research and create an internationalization strategy for a successful internet real estate portal based in Berlin
- Recommending relevant solutions for foreign market entry to a German-based renewable energy management firm
- Expanding a successful e-business startup into further European markets
Extra Sports Club
Who we are
EXTRA Sports is the first student-led Sports Hub at ESMT Berlin. We aim to bring people together through sports, be it an interest or a hobby.
To connect and bring people together through the power of sports. Our goal is to be the Sports Hub at ESMT, a platform for students to include sports in their daily life. We provide the opportunity for everyone to get involved in Extra Sports’ clubs, regardless of ability or interest. Whether you want to experience something new or commit to your chosen sport, there are lots of opportunities to get involved.
1. We thrive through sports and physical activity.
2. We are many clubs and one team.
3. We believe in the power of balanced university life.
Events (e.g. Marathon, Football tournament, Padel Tournament)
Facilitate Self-organised clubs. Clubs are structured and recurring sports. (e.g. Running Club, Football Club)
Facilitate self-organised activities (”Let’s go bouldering or do squash”)
Speakers (e.g Sports Management, Sport companies representatives, Workshops)
Innovation & Technology Club
Student-led Innovation and Technology Club aims to facilitate learning among the ESMT student community, interested in understanding Technology and its impact on business
Newsletter, Speaker sessions from industry leaders and subject matter experts, and Hands-on learning through online courses
International Affairs Club (IAC)
Description: We believe that future leaders need to be informed in-depth about international affairs in order to take responsible and reflected business decisions during their career. This club aims to educate students about current international affairs through excursions to political points of interest in Berlin as well as monthly discussion roundtables with experts.
Investment & Fintech Club
The ESMT Investment Club is a group of ESMT students who share a common interest in learning more about investment opportunities and applying their skills in practice.
The Investment Club aims to learn about the different investment types, the analysis of the investments and the criteria for decision-making. Primary goals of the organization are for members to be exposed to the Investment market, make a profit by following their investment strategy and sharing their knowledge.
- Providing lessons about investment basics
- Discussing investment portfolios and exploring various investment strategies
- Assigning people into various portfolio teams, monitoring results
- Understanding finance in the context of the world economy and international relations
- Inviting speakers to discuss investment strategies on issues such as sustainable investments
- Investing in the German Stock Market
- Portfolio investment Workshops
- Participation in Investment Competitions
To bolster future-readiness for marketing enthusiasts and professionals at ESMT by creating a knowledge sharing ecosystem.
Our mission is to provide a platform to the ESMT community to gain relevant marketing information, tools and skills by engaging in various activities. To build an inclusive club that welcomes members from all backgrounds to share their ideas and experiences, network and boost creativity and innovation through marketing lens.
What we do
- Internal Communication: brainstorming sessions, breakfast meetings
- Learning: workshops, talks with experts, company treks
- Events: external event opportunities, tie-ups with other clubs
- Social Media: knowledge sharing and engagement on online platforms
Who we are
Meraki Club is a student-based organization providing operational and strategic support to Meraki Smile School. We help ESMT students understand, learn, and implement the main functions of an NGO. Our mission is to help underprivileged children in Madagascar to gain access to quality education and healthcare.
What is Meraki Smile School?
Founded by fellow ESMT Alumni - Miriam Agüero, Meraki Smile School is no ordinary school. It is a non-profit school located in the slum of the capital city of Madagascar, Antananarivo. Meraki Smile School has developed a socio-educational project for vulnerable 6-year-old children focusing on three key areas: access to high-quality education, fighting against child labour and gender inequality, and access to healthcare and nutritional support.
Meraki Smile School believes that education should be fun and aims for every student that comes to the school to leave every day with a bigger smile. Their mission is to break the cycle of poverty through quality education. In 2021, the school enrolled its first 30 children, 15 girls and 15 boys, and is now looking forward to welcoming 15 more in September 2023.
Meraki Club gives ESMT students the opportunity to work for an NGO in Madagascar, interact with a broader team beyond ESMT and create a real impact on people's lives. Once you become a member of the club, you have the choice to either work on short- or long-term projects in one of our teams or suggest your own idea. We provide projects in the fields of Finance & Strategy, Marketing, Partnership, HR, Operations and Education. Projects will be updated on a monthly basis, depending on the needs of the school in Madagascar. In addition, you can also organize fundraising activities at ESMT, promote Meraki across the city of Berlin or your own hometown and help spread awareness of the project.
Maddalena Montesi - MIM 2023: email@example.com
Ramsha Mistry - MIM 2023: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Instagram
Net Impact Club
Net Impact is a global, non-profit organization consisting of over 100,000 members globally, with an aim to inspire and equip emerging leaders to build a more just a sustainable world.
ESMT is proud to host the first and only Net Impact chapter in Germany. We are dedicated to improving the world around us through our mission: “to drive sustainable business practices and social responsibility by leveraging technology and collaboration”.
The club is focused on delivering key initiatives that have a positive impact on society. Our current key initiative is creating the world’s first open-source carbon accounting system by co-organizing hackathons around the world with Yale OpenLab, among many other partners.
We support global campaigns and events that build leadership skills, establish networks, and help students make a lifelong impact. Our programs aim to inspire the community and develop socially responsible, next generation leaders.
The ESMT Soccer Club consists of students from every ESMT program so all are welcome. The club play in the official Uni Liga Berlin (after achieving promotion last year) which means the club have a game every Saturday or Sunday. Training occurs weekly, but will be discussed after every game to find a time that works for all team members.
Through our club activities we offer a great sports atmosphere where everyone can connect and have fun through a friendly game of football. Students will get to team up with other students from across all of ESMT's programs, so good networking as well as good fitness!
You can contact us by emailing Sören Langhoff, ESMT students who wish to participate will be added to the official Soccer Club WhatsApp group.
Women in Leadership Club
Mission and goals
We rally the ESMT Berlin community, men and women, by raising awareness on the need for more equal chances in the work environment, by empowering future female leaders to unlock their full potential and by building a strong and long-lasting community of allies.
- Awareness: Make the biggest number aware of the current situation, create a safe space for discussion, share relevant and impactful information to trigger self-reflection and action.
- Empowerment: Equip future female leaders with resources and tools to help them unlock their potential and reach their professional goals.
- Community: Build a sustainable and active community of women and allies.